1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I wonder if Trump asked for Putin's autograph.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Does Kristof like to ride the white pony?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He's saying you are a hypocrite.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The answer for media outlets is to be bigger than that. CNN stooped to Trump's level with its reaction to the WWE meme. Nixon indirectly threatened the Washington Post group (including its TV stations) with retaliation over Watergate coverage. The Post didn't whine. It just kept churning out the copy.

lakefront and RickStain like this.
  5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This was over the line. That doesn't change what Kathy Griffin did.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

What happens in Vegas ....

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2 things...

1. The day you link to the original article about something, rather than some other outlet's recap of that story will be a first.

B. No one is talking about it because the DOJ isn't going to block the merger, and there's no evidence that Trump has considered using the power to block the merger as "leverage" against CNN.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, it didn't. Griffin was playing the celebrity get into the headlines game and misjudged and came off as a complete shithead.

That cartoon is more properly looked at in response to Trump's WWE/CNN tweet. He dog whistled for violence, and that cartoon shows that he was heard.

9. Neutral Corner

Most of the links I put up I see going across the Google News feed. Believe it or not, when I see an interesting one, my first reaction isn't "Say, that's a good story. I think I'll look at all similar stories and see if I can figure out which one was the original."

You seem to value that. Fine, feel free to go look for it. I tend to suspect that if the recap said something that you liked you wouldn't bother to, though.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sure all the world leaders were impressed by Bring Your Kid To Work Day.

11. Neutral Corner

Aw, she's just minding the family business while her dad is busy.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.