1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yah yahh yahhhh the mooslim neegro is out to kill all the Jeezus people. I been saying it for years. I herd it on the radio too. And some really hot broads said so on Fox Teevee, too! This one babe's skirt kept slipping farther and farther up her legs I just had to ...I think I saw ... COVFEFE!!!

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is not about lawyering. It's about journalistic standards.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cool. Now the poor will be able to be upgraded on Delta.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

No, I'm not. I am saying that Trump's wording is ambiguous enough to render it a fact in dispute. "Let him do it" may mean it was consensual. It may mean it was rape. We don't know. So you should not write he "admitted to sexual assault" as journalistic shorthand.

I really, really don't.

Maybe. I don't know enough to know that.

Unless it were, indeed, consensual.

Remember, everyone: I'm the problem at this site.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

So how would you as a journalist describe what Trump copped to with Billy Bush?

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I hate it when the thread goes into summer reruns.

bigpern23, UPChip and Dick Whitman like this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Who the hell said that? I didn't. Come down off the cross, man.

9. Dick Whitman

"Trump made lewd comments, captured on video, to 'Entertainment Tonight's' Billy Bush regarding his interactions with women. Trump told Bush, “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait." Trump continued: “And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. “Whatever you want,” says another voice on the video, apparently Bush’s. “Grab them by the pussy,” Trump responds. “You can do anything.”

10. Dick Whitman

I've been told I am. Not by you, I acknowledge. But I think we could do without the name-calling.

11. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

According to my mom, an ardent Trump supporter, that he wasn't telling the truth and that it's just fake news

12. Dick Whitman

Here's the thing about that, though: A lot of the people saying that Trump "admitted to sexual assault" would probably not say the same thing about defendants who signed actual confessions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.