1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Senate-wise it's going to be tough as there's single digit republican spots up for grabs. I can't see Heller staying. Flake may be the next vulnerable and that doesn't say much about the chances to flip more than one. It's possible that Cruz has become so hated since being elected that he could get knocked off. Right now the states don't line up well -- of course there's a lot of nonsense to happen between now and then.

Now Congress is a whole different story. Like 85 percent of the races are republican spots. You get a chunk there and you could see a slight hold on both houses

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

John McCain is a hero again! Although if you wished death upon him the other day, it must be a bittersweet morning. Yes, he voted 'no,' but he remains alive to possibly try and kill millions of Americans in the future.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Congress wanted to keep its Obamacare coverage.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Tweeting terrible things about McCain works!

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Spartan Squad and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Do you pay attention to politics?

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If you paid attention, you would know I was against the GOP's particular efforts. But I am much more nuanced and in touch with reality than most liberals.

I just find it in interesting that people who were willing to savage what is essentially a dying man a few days ago are now cool with him because he voted the way they wanted one time.

Politics over common decency. It's a thing!

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the passive aggressive "I find it interesting" bitch phrasing.

If McCain was a dying man three days ago, he's probably still a dying man now.

Maybe he looked in the mirror and asked, "am I really going to knuckle under to this fatfuck gasbag silver spoon prep school prancing princess again?" And said "fuck that asshole" instead.

If John McCain is going to shuffle off this mortal coil any time soon, knowing one of his final public acts was to ram a blazing red hot iron poker up Fucko's ass would feel pretty sweet.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Good on Murkowski and Collins.

As to McCain, I find it hard to intellectually reconcile his vote on the motion to proceed with his vote early this morning, but at this point, I don't care.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Calm down and go check on the hookers you buried in your basement.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's not hard to reconcile. He played McConnell and got the headlines he sought. Brilliant maneuvering.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In some ways, I think Q's views on health care are more leftist than my own. I never commented on McCain's actions this week because like most folks, he's complicated. It turned out he meant what he said and also wanted to do what he said in the most dramatic possible manner. But when somebody says he wants "X" in a big speech and then votes for the opposite, as McCain did in the motion to proceed, naturally he or she is going to take some flak. As it was, McCain didn't want his walk-off in the ninth, he wanted it in extras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.