1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

They cut funding to the CDC by 13 percent with no debate or consideration of the consequences just to avoid the 60 vote threshold.

And this bullshit that the House promised not vote on that bill is nonsense. They could have voted and passed that bill in an heartbeat.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

If we just disbanded the military we wouldn't have to cut anything ever.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The last
    eight years. Damn it, Whitman. You were supposed to write the last eight years.

YankeeFan and doctorquant like this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

FWIW, I don't think it was them giving McCain a moment. I think it was McCain giving them cover - he'll be the one to take it down so that no one else has to answer for a no vote in a primary. Just a guess, obv.

Stoney, Neutral Corner and dixiehack like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's crazy.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or will be so upset that he'll have to extend his stay an extra day for another round.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Or he's got one hell of a great mortgage?
    But yeah, that's crazy-go-nuts.

To try and parenting hijack the politics thread again - we've got a bit of a dilemma.
    Kiddo is in Daycare A. Finally came up on the waiting list in Daycare B.
    Daycare B is - closer to home. Has a preschool. Very well regarded.
    Daycare A is - Cheaper. Place kid is already comfortable with. A place we're happy with (take care of him well, seems to be providing a good education). A place he really likes (he just LOVES Ms. Emily, one of the teachers).

Tempted to switch him to Daycare B because of the preschool - and one we thought was probably the best when we visited them all. But having a hard time pulling the trigger because he's so happy at Daycare A.

9. YankeeFan

This show is so frustrating. They introduce a popular new character and storyline, then they schedule a special episode, and get everyone to tune in -- and it focuses on secondary characters.

Who's the show runner of this mess?

You stepped all over the buzz you were getting from the Mooch episode with that late night shit show. They're going to ruin this like they did with Who Wants to be a Millionnaire.

Just let the suspense build, and bring us a full episode of Mooch vs. Reince.

Big Circus likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Conservatives are typically pretty selective in their acknowledgement of free rider issues.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Kids adapt so fast.

You know how it is. You leave the house, and your kid cries. In your mind, he's crying the whole time you're gone. In reality, he's back to playing a couple of minutes later.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I actually pay almost twice as much for child care and my mortgage is not cheap. But I "make too much money" to qualify for help. I'm lucky to have people close to me help me out but soon I'll lack about $2000 a month needed for child care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.