1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It's worse than that: Trump likes making people suffer in public as they dance for his pleasure.

He's a sick fuck and a total asshole.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

One of McMaster's prime academic side achievements is the book he wrote on Vietnam, in which he concludes that the war there was lost largely because of a failure of leadership by LBJ, his SecDef McNamara, and the Joint Chiefs. He outright scolds the ranking officers for failing to speak truth to power.

Expecting him not to speak out if he disagrees shows an essential misunderstanding of the man you hired as National Security Advisor. His command at 73 Easting and subsequent battlefield achievements mean that his military career can't be harmed too badly by pissing off Trump, and I don't think he's going to do anything that seriously angers Mattis. They understand each other pretty well.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

We've already seen him sucking up to Trump in public. It's a lot easier to write books about other people's careers.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

I'm not certain how to read that. To some degree he's providing cover for his boss, the President. It looks weak to me as well. That said, I keep hearing that McMaster disagreeing with the proposals he hears is the cause of the animosity toward him within the WH. Frankly, it would not surprise me to hear of anyone within the White House being sacked except Ivana and Jared - and Jared may yet get edged out if the investigation closes on him much more.

7. Neutral Corner

8. Starman

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A cruel and ignorant campaign | MelaniePhillips.com

"Whether or not Great Ormond Street hospital was right or wrong in its diagnosis, its medical staff were only ever concerned with one thing: the best interests of their tiny patient. For this they have been subjected to vilification and death threats and portrayed as inhumane and murderers. This is unspeakable.

"I write a great deal about the ideological bullying of the left, the lies published by left-wing media and the inhumanity and irrationality of so much allegedly progressive thinking. But I have never witnessed such concentrated ignorance, arrogance, stupidity and unthinking cruelty as has been displayed by the American political right over the tragic case of Charlie Gard."

RickStain likes this.
  10. Starman

Just to recap, nothing Fucko said or did was ever going to make any difference in the life of Charlie Gard, and he knew it, if he even took 10 seconds to think about it, but of course he didn't, he never gave a shit about Charlie Gard, he just wanted to honk an ooogah ooogah horn for his nutcase dimwit dupes.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I consider this to be so much bullshit.

The GOP did not create a Donald Trump. He was, to quote Dennis Green, who we thought he was. And he got elected that way. If he didn't align with that party, and if they hadn't desperately lined up 16 people to dilute the field, he would have turned elsewhere without a blink. Too many people just wanted to blow things up without regard to what that would actually mean.

Not all Democratic policies are good, and not all Republican policies are bad. Trump? He takes the worst and embraces them.

By the way, have you ever considered that throwing every insult you can at the people perpetuating this mess only makes them more determined to continue on their current path? And trust me, you're not the only one. You're just the squeakiest wheel in this little piece of cyberworld.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.