1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Stein's voters would've stayed home or written in Eugene Debs if she weren't on the ballot. But the Libertarian vote went from one percent in 2012 to five in 2016. One has to guess they were mostly Republicans who couldn't hack Trump. Would they have stayed home or held their noses and voted for either Trump or Clinton? No way of telling, since no one seems to have asked them.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

No one knew who Barack Obama, Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton were either four years out, and all three won.

Democrats fall in love. Republicans fall in line.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If those are your top 3, I think it's pretty easy to say Elizabeth Warren and Cory Booker are second-tier candidates. I might put Schumer in there as well.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Completely false regarding Obama and Clinton.

6. YankeeFan

Warren is the only one who could compete against the big three. She might be 1st tier.

Booker is a nobody. Schumer would go nowhere.

7. Della9250

This right here, I think, is the number one reason. People didn't show up because they didn't think it would matter and she was going to win. They didn't take it seriously because why would you. If he runs for re-election, how many are going to turn out to make sure it doesn't happen again?

lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. Della9250

I agree on Schumer, which is why I half-heartedly threw him in there but hes got name recognition and a good enough resume to be in a top 10, maybe top 5 depending on what you are looking for. Booker is definitely not a nobody. The talk of a presidential run has been going on for years and he's only going to be 52 for the 2020 election.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They should just get Meaheat in '20.

Cue Sally Struthers in 3 ... 2 ...

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Meathead is already POTUS.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Schumer will never run. But his fellow New York Senator likely will.

12. YankeeFan

Another nobody, whose only supporters are members of the media.

What's her name id among Dem voters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.