1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I DID NOT ARGUE THAT AMERICA WAS THE GOOD GUY!!

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So before I disagree, let's be clear: Did you or did you not just say that the American system of government is better than literally every other system in the world?

3. RickStain

I dunno. You can ask them if you want. But until you do, your assertion is a little shaky.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

By Trump and Rush's measuring stick, there are something like 95 million people without work in this country, and the real unemployment number is well into the double digits. .... and none of this accounts for the pending adjustment of BLS numbers so the unemployment data is no longer fake.

Or has something else changed to make you suddenly believe in unemployment numbers?

5. YankeeFan

Do you want to look at total employment or labor participation rates?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I gotta admit, of all the possible pro-Trump propoganda I expected YF to spew, "The Muslims in the Middle East really dig him!" is not one I saw coming.

7. RickStain

I'll settle for you picking one and sticking with it forever starting ... now.

8. YankeeFan

Oh please. Let's set standards for all of these political arguments, and hold people to them.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

With that said, as by far the world's preeminent economic and military power, the United States is (in my view) obligated to exercise a leadership role or leave a void that will almost certainly be filled by bad actors. Trump doesn't seem to get this.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You pick.

I was told for the previous eight years that it's really, really bad that the labor participation rate is low, and it's Obama's fault. Suddenly that number doesn't seem to matter anymore.

I was also told last year - by the guy you voted for - that the BLS numbers are fake, and real unemployment is much, much higher, and that 93 million people are out of work.

All these numbers were really, really important when it came to stopping Obama; They seem to be less important now.

melock, HanSenSE and cranberry like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama encouraged people not to work because, lazy mooching neegros, etc etc blah blah.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If numbers are good for Trump, Trump/RWM/YF like them. If numbers are bad, it's fake news. This will be on the midterm.

CD Boogie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.