1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

well, let's take a show of hands of how many people here have had their minds changed about a political topic thanks to @Yankee dink. He'd be better off buying a tree trump and shouting at passing motorists

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

When churches are being bombed, I think "terrorism" is the generally accepted motive, unless there is an ethnic minority involved. Then it's "racially motivated terrorism".

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Tree Trump?

[​IMG]

Inky_Wretch and YankeeFan like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Then don't engage him. No one's twisting your arm to post on this thread. Yet.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Zero, no.

I understand why you have to ask for details, because the circles you get your news from seem extremely unconcerned about this apparent terrorist attack.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

An unsophisticated attack, with no injuries or deaths, with no suspect, or motive, in flyover country hasn't generated a lot of discussion.

Am I supposed to be shocked or upset by this?

I've still got the odds at 50/50 that it's a fake attack, designed to generate sympathy and/or outrage.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

An evergreen statement: Trump's Twitter shitshow today is a goddamn embarrassment.

If only it wasn't raining and he could be occupied by playing golf.

Whenever he's this unhinged, it's usually right before or after some really, really bad news. Makes you wonder what he knows is about to break. Going after the New York Times in a big way. Guessing this is early pushback for whatever is coming.

Also, I know journalism is "the enemy" to him and his cult. But when was the last time a president rooted for a business to shut down and have thousands of people lose their jobs?

It would really hurt his tremendous Obama economy.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for a major shareholder in the NYT Corp to sue Trump for wrongly depressing NYT's stock, especially in light of his constant support of Rupert Murdoch's empire.

HanSenSE and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"He inherited the recession from Obama" will be the refrain, regardless of when the recession starts.

That's always the playbook.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Stephen Miller suggested giving the Times a special carve-out in the immigration bill to hire low skill workers.

How can you suggest he wants to hurt them?

Glenn, maybe we'll make a carve-out in the bill that says the New York Times can hire all the low-skilled, less-paid workers they want from other countries, and see how you feel then about low-wage substitution.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders and Senior Policy Advisor Stephen Miller, 8/2/2017, #5

11. Deskgrunt50

You're kidding, right? He wants the NYT and WaPo to go out of business. And supports state-run Fox News.

12. Deskgrunt50

And ever using Stephen Miller to support an example is a loser. Dead-eyed, lying prick of the highest order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.