1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its what I liked about Boom_70 as well. He started a lot of shit, but never got in the gutter. I am still bummed he was thrown off the ship.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In my health care quality class we go over Failure Mode Effects Analysis. One of the facets of that is to assess how hazardous thus-and-such is. Hazardous-ness is a function of three things: 1) how likely it is that something will happen; 2) how dire are the consequences of that thing happening; and 3) how likely that thing could happen without being detected (and corrected before the consequences ensue). It's that third thing I'm thinking about w.r.t. the "smuggled in" nuclear weapon from the DPRK.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah, but how do you feel about WAR, VORP, FIP and BABIP?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That was a really strange action by the powers that be here. I have never understood it.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

It didn't help that 80's television kept feeding us prime time specials purposely designed to scare the shit out us about the impending nuclear war (WWIII, The Day After, etc.). That shit can really mess with the head of a little kid.

On the night news broke that we'd just bombed Lybia (I believe in 86?), I remember my younger sister hiding under a table in a crying terrified mess because she was certain retaliatory strikes would be hitting our house soon. My dad had to carefully explain to her that there was no chance that would happen. No such assurances could be given by Lybian fathers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Shocking that someone who likes to troll from time to time doesn't understand why someone whose shtick was non-stop trolling got booted.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

DQ, I'm just spitballing. I don't think it is even remotely likely to happen. Doing something like that is simply an elaborate way for Kim to commit suicide. He's full of bluster and saber rattling for home consumption, as usual. The thing is that he's crazy enough that no one can be comfortable about it.

We're talking about a guy who executed members of his family with a quad 20mm anti-aircraft gun here.

8. Dick Whitman

Silliness.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Having a dry sense of humor is not trolling.

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I hear you.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yeah, those movies. "Threads" was pretty dark also.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fire and fury, but from the trap on 11 at Bedminster.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.