1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It has been pointed out, but how pissed must he be that his big VA photo op and a nice afternoon of golf went in the shitter? I mean, he is on vacation and all

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

In the early days of the administration, it was "Who did he piss off now?" Lately, it's "did anyone bomb us overnight, or vice versa?"

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I still reserve the right to vent in real time in order to mentally process the farcical bleatings of this human pus pocket as he infects decent society on live television in front of God and everybody.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Do we know if officers has their hands on his head as they put him in the squad car? Apparently, that's important to POTUS.

poindexter likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe that explains the gouge in his hair.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Before he began taking shots at Obama, I'd heard and seen enough of him that figured a lot of the braggadocio and assholeishness was kind of an act, something he did for attention. He seemed to be "friends" with too many people with good reputations - you figure they would have spoken up or not been seen with him if he was "that bad" or a genuinely unpleasant person.
    I did "get" the appeal during the primary. He wasn't using GOP talking points or hedging his views knowing he would have to pivot to the center - but I'm truly astounded he continues to double and re-double down and nobody close to him has any influence on him. Clearly there seems to be nobody with an opinion he respects other than his own. And like Nixon, he seems to be using the Presidency to avenge a lifetime of perceived snubs.
    But yeah, sometimes it hits me. Trump is actually President.
    I'll say this for Buchanan, a lot of the stuff put on his plate was already in the kitchen. Trump went out and bought the groceries, cooked it, and served it up himself.

jr/shotglass and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm kind of curious why we needed Donald Trump to hold the mirror up so America could see what it is.

Did nobody really notice before? Was it really that well disguised to so many? I know Trump is the convenient scapegoat for "emboldening" these people. But they've always been here. I've been reading them on my Deplorables college football board for almost two decades.

I mean, if I see one more "This is not who we are!" plea on my Facebook feed I'm gonna throw up. Yes, it is.

9. Songbird

He really struggles when he goes off-script and riffs. Whoever wrote that statement ought to be fired.

10. Songbird

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This mostly comes from the depths of Fucko's own bowels.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Yes, but ...

A permit cannot be denied on the basis of viewpoint. So a city manager could not turn down a permit request from the local neo-Nazi simply because he is a neo-Nazi and other neo-Nazi rallies in other places have devolved into violence. But if the same person or group applies for a permit and has had problems with violence elsewhere, then the basis for denial could be the violence in other places and not the actual viewpoint.

One of the problems is that this whole alt-right (alt-Reich?) movement is essentially a loosely based coalition of like-minded groups.

Bumbfuck city manager Smith can't turn down the West Virginia Grand Clavern of the Imperial White Knights of the Ku Klux Klan just because the last rally of the Kentucky Original Knight Riders of the Ku Klux Klan in East Bumbfuck turned into a shitshow, but could turn down the latter if they wanted to bring their travelling freakshow to town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.