1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This would spruce up any outfit as a lapel button ...

[​IMG]

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Sounds like he could be the president with those views.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Rick, I'm not sure at all this will happen. But everything that Trump did this week, starting with insulting McConnell, made it more likely it will. They're still on recess. Who wants to spend that time answering questions about Nazis and/or possible nuclear war?

RickStain likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Don't worry. I've already been warned to Be Careful in quite forceful terms. Just in case you're worried revenge won't be taken, you can rest easy.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In some ways, the prospect of Pence is more disturbing to me because I fear he'll be more effective in putting forth his theocratic agenda, which, in my view, undermines what this country is supposed to be about. But this is why the GOP in Congress -- if it's thinking -- should be ready to make a move on Trump. I've said this before, of course. Not only do they get a true, reliable conservative with executive and Congressional experience to his name; they disarm the opposition in advance of 2018. Right now, I'm guessing there are several Democrats who feel emboldened and are considering a run at the House. Take Trump out of the White House and their major impetus for involvement, for testing themselves in historically red districts, goes away. That's got to chip away at the number of credible candidates the GOP would face.

If they want to, they can toss Trump on the Emoluments Clause alone. The key phrase being "if they want to." Constitutional scholars can debate about whether that clause has really been violated here, but the House and Senate determine what counts as high crimes and misdemeanors.

Among the many stupid things Trump has done: humiliate Sessions and McConnell, two southern Republicans who are popular in their caucus. Seems like a possible tipping point or tiebreaker for some. "He's not really guilty of high crimes and misdemeanors, but he's close enough and he's an embarrassment and he dissed my boys. Screw him."

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'd just like to know if you've ever had the guts to follow your own advice.

When have you punched a nazi? When have you told a co-worker what an ignorant slut she was?

For a guy who thinks pro-lifers should be snuffing out abortion providers, you don't seem to have the courage of your own convictions.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even whatabouting to BLM would have been better. Trump tried to equate Nazis and anti-Nazis.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The congestion of your schedule is inversely proportional to your ability to mount a tortured logic defense of beloved Donald.

It took a while to conjure a WUDDABOUT?! with this latest incident but, when nothing else is left, there's always Starman. Is Starman seemingly unhinged? Does he speak in hyperbole? Does he trade in vile, nearly unspeakable thoughts? Achievement Unlocked: MANY SIDES.

Just apply the same charitable standards to Starman as you do to beloved Donald. Starman was just kidding...just being sarcastic...you would have preferred a more moderate denunciation of all things Trump...I'm sure what he meant was...

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Except you're not. Your views on Ivanka are disgusting and need to stop. You score no points for calling her a bitch, a whore or a stripper good for only lying on her back as a man sweats on her. It isn't clever. It isn't funny. It isn't a fuck-you to Trump.

Trump is everything that you can think to call him. He's said and done things that warrant all the condemnation do not automatically project to Ivanka and you're a fool to do so. Criticize Ivanka for what she actually does but keep the ignorant sexism away.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If poor little Vanky is offended by criticism, perhaps she should retire to private life.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Or you can, you know, stop with the sexist remarks that speaks more about you than it does her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.