1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I stopped when I noticed there were a couple edits in the feed. Don't make me sit here and wonder what you edited out.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

There's still a journalistic line between responsible reporting and sensationalism. We can debate where the line is, but I think we should be cognizant that it exists.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I understand that the budget that the President submits to Congress is mostly about political puffery, but I can't help but think about the cuts to funding for programs against domestic terrorism. I did the same last week when Trump suddenly decided that prescription opiates were a big problem and declared a federal emergency. He's right, they are. More than 50,000 deaths last year, a number close to our total KIA in Viet Nam. The main thing that that proclamation does is to make federal money available to fund programs to fight opiates.

Of course, Trump's budget cut Health and Human Services by 30% or better.

Congress has the power of the purse, and it's a good thing.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

They just need Thiel to shut it down.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Today would be a good time for the Fuhrer to announce that he wants his budget to restore the full funding for combating domestic terror. I doubt he'll do it.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yup. As long as you have Bannon, Miller and Gorka, you have support for white nationalism coming directly from the White House.

BadgerBeer and dixiehack like this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Alyssa Milano is the real problem.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Her tweets are literal violence and should be stopped.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If only these libtards would get a sense of humor and stop reacting with over-the-top outrage every time we mix in a little Nazi symbolism.

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

They were joking!

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I believe Alyssa's story to the same degree I believe any of Lena's stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.