1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is "one and only politics thread" so I'm not talking politics anywhere else. Even if YF wants to take it elsewhere.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Note the difference between guys in black with their faces concealed (I think maybe they're smarter than the doofuses in Cville) and guys in helmets and body armor covering their forearms, elbows and knees, carrying poles and clubs. Silly string makes that point even more obvious.

3. Neutral Corner

I bet that Gov. McAuliffe sees to it that they get their permit - to rally in a park which is not in the middle of downtown, where access is more controllable, and where they can't disperse in all directions into the downtown streets. Most likely that will be on condition of a peaceful protest. No poles or clubs allowed. I don't know what they'll do about guns.

I doubt that the police presence will be armed with pistols and in street clothes, as well.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

First rule of comedy: serve it up ... knock it down.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

All about that base
    'bout that base
    No Puppet!

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Jumping back to the kids not working thing, I think even when I was a kid (so turn of the century), there was an expectation that working during the summer would make a dent in future college expenses if you were on that track. Nowadays that's not even an illusion, so some folks pursue activities that will either be more fulfilling for themselves or their applications.

As for the libertarian hot dog stand, I'll have the Ayn Rand: all the condiments have fallen off into the tray in protest that the bun is regulating them too much.

Iron_chet likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

You might find this of interest. I've heard this guy a couple of times now and he does a pretty good explainer on where these guys come from. His views it that most of them have a "hole" in their lives - abused childhood, sexual abuse, drug abuse, mental illness, etc. They are looking for something to believe in, to belong to, a tribe. The recruiters know the signs, and use carefully developed language to channel their anger and resentment. He was a full on skinhead as a 19-23 year old who withdrew from that life after he got married and had a kid. He now works to help people find their way out of that life.

lakefront and RickStain like this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. I fucking love this place.

9. Neutral Corner

10. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

She must've lying since the cops decided not to prosecute. [/crossthread]

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Still nothing to back up your claim regarding Alyssa Milano making shit up? You made a pretty strong claim there.

Meh. Why bother supporting your claims when you can just move on to the next one? Very Trump of you.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Ketchup on a hotdog? Philistine.

SnarkShark likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.