1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

"…I have to say, Eddie, you’re going to become extremely famous. All over the world they’re talking about Guam and they’re talking about you. And your tourism, I can say this, your tourism is going to go up like tenfold with the expenditure of no money, so I congratulate you,” Trump can be heard saying over the phone.

Yes, getting threatened with nuclear annihilation is a totally awesome thing well worthy of congratulations. Just think of all the new tourists!

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Richard Trumka just hit the exit.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The solid wall at Faux Fascist Noise is starting to crack. Maybe Rupert has decided it's time to send the pig to the slaughterhouse?

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So the congressman in our white flight district is holding a town hall (on election night!) in about 90 minutes in the next town over. This should be a hoot.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

This question was actually asked and asked as a serious question. In 2017. In 2017 our president was not just asked but had to be asked his position on the Confederacy. Good God.

Webster and dixiehack like this.
  7. Starman

Be Careful.

8. Starman

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Found it. It's from a Cavett show in the '70s, when Watergate and Nixon's downfall was still the big story every day. It's from one of many interviews that form the basis for "Dick Cavett's Watergate," which I found either on Netflix or iTunes a few months ago.

"I don't think Nixon has a friend. I've known him for a long time. I've interviewed him many times. In one of which, at the very end of the interview, I asked him, 'Mr. Nixon, can you ever relax with anyone?' And he said — it was rather pathetic to me, Dick — he said, 'No, I never can. I can never really let my hair down with anybody.' And then I said, 'Not even with Pat?' And he thought for a moment and he said, 'No, not even with Pat.' And in a curious way that exchange comes back to me today. Here is a man who is totally isolated. He's separated from the realities which confront him."

-- Stewart Alsop, Newsweek columnist, on "Dick Cavett's Watergate"

I Should Coco, Riptide and Hermes like this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Every time he steps to a podium, I just hear David Bazan's "Backwoods Nation" playing in my head. It should be his walk-up music.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Fucko has no friends: he has marks, potential marks, and enemies.

Marks are only kept around as long as they are useful for his pleasure, profit or protection. Then they're discarded.

Even his family are only marks in the long run (see his ex-wives, and really Tiffany).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.