1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She and Tami could do a podcast. Call it Blurt and More Blurt.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What will it take to give them enough cover?

Today isn't enough.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I mean, this isn't surprisingly in the least, really.

We all knew that this was how he felt. Every last one of us. Birtherism, the Mein Kampf in the bedroom, the repeated retweeting of memes he found on deep alt-right anti-semitic sites, the "maybe hate is what we need" chasing after the Central Park Five even after they were cleared, all the way back to his long-documented racism as a landlord.

Even his most ardent deflectors and defenders knew this is what he was, they were just hoping he could put a lid on it and give them and himself plausible deniability. Even crotchedy old racist people know that you have to hate the KKK in order to give yourself some room to make snide comments about how all black kids get into college for free.

But we also know that he's really not interested in committing to covering for himself. He's dying to say what he means. So this was completely predictable and inevitable.

Iron_chet, Riptide, Webster and 3 others like this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's going to be McCain.

6. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

Trump is actually correct in saying there was violence initiated on both sides in Charlottesville. He was parroting the conservative view that the leftist agitators' violence against right wingers e.g. speakers on campuses, is not criticized that much in the press. There is truth in this view.

I think he was trying to make the point that all people who protest the removal of confederate statues aren't racists. Where he went of the rails was trying to claim that these people were participants in the Charlottesville protest. I think this is just ignorance and stupidity on his part.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I thought this dipshit was supposed to be going on a long vacation.
    Just give me three days without seeing his toad-like face on my timelines.

8. Neutral Corner

Normally that would be true. Strange is the traditional Republican candidate and former state attorney general. Mo Brooks is an idiot, and Roy Moore is, well, Roy Moore. He'll be foresworn the moment he takes the oath, because he has already proven that he is more loyal to the tenets of his religion than he is to the Constitution.

Strange can't get the stink of Governor Boobgrabber Bentley off of him. He obstructed that investigation blatantly and deliberately, and the quid pro quo was Session's Senate seat. Normally once you have the incumbent machinery behind you you're golden, but this was too recent and too corrupt. McConnell's PAC has absolutely poured money into TV ads and Trump has endorsed him, and he'll still be lucky not to lose to Moore outright in the primary.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that it could be McCain, but his cancer is an extremely aggressive one.

I don't know his prognosis, but I don't know that he has the time left.

10. RickStain

Violence *should* be initiated against Nazis when they attempt to gather and advance their political goals. Any Nazi political event is an attempt to enact a plan of mass murder.

11. Neutral Corner

That would require leadership with a spine. He doesn't have the guts to call Trump out by name.

12. RickStain

I mean, sure, it'd be nice for Paul Ryan to come out and say "The President is a mentally ill fascist and I'm sorry for helping him get elected, I'll do my best to remove him now."

But that doesn't mean I won't take what I can get. The way Trump has been put out on his own limb here is noteworthy and beneficial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.