1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I try to give people the out of being stupid, because I know some otherwise decent people who support Trump (or they did, not sure after today) and I'd rather just think they are dumb.

I remember a newspaper headline about a guy once. Can't remember who or the context. But the headline was something like:

DAVID SMITH: PATSY OR THIEF?

And I remember thinking, man, that doesn't give David Smith much of a choice.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They are small in number AND they don't want a fight like that. But I'm glad to see you believe anything that is to be done has to be done legally.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

God sent 9/11 because sometimes two men kiss. Not because of a long history terrible, individual incidents that aren't *really* what America is about.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Duh. It's a couple hundred college kids in khakis carrying tiki torches, and a few wannabe soldiers.

Dylann Roof lamented that he couldn't find others who shared his beliefs.

He wanted to start a race war, and killed the folks in that church hoping to spark one. Did he succeed?

Of course not. There are only a couple of hundred people in all of America that were willing to come to the biggest Nazi rally in the country. What percentage of them are interested in fighting a race war?

It's not happening. This group is small. Really small.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever said otherwise. If I did, it was a mistake, for sure.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Correct. It is not possible to attend a rally opposing removal of the Lee statue and not be a racist.

7. RickStain

It's small now. That's why they're recruiting. And why the high-level administration officials are helping the President groom for more.

It's a cancer that spreads.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Did you just blame 9/11 on America?

9. RickStain

The history of those statues is illuminating. They aren't sincere attempts to remember history. They're middle-fingers to people who told them they couldn't own slaves anymore. Might as well be burning crosses.

10. RickStain

I blame it on God

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Trump may have given people the benefit of the doubt undeservedly, when he suggested there were good people there because they opposed the removal of the Lee statue, but he specifically and repeatedly denounced racism and Nazis.

Trump is in no way on the side of white supremacists and/or Nazis.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not everyone is as easily swayed by malignant ideology as you are.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.