1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yep. Everything else being said about it is debate-camp bullshit.

RickStain likes this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't even know what that is supposed to mean, other than that you like to wield the fact that I practice law like it's some sort of insult.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Republicans, for the most part, are so flabbergasted by Trump this week they haven't had time to tell us what Hilliary or Obama would have done. Uh, reacted decently?

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Yeah, but some guy in Spain drove a vehicle into people, therefore Donald Trump is qualified, ethical and doing a great job.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Election laws in the South from the end of Reconstruction through the 1960s did not explicitly say "No coloreds allowed to vote." But everyone knew what the score was, not least the men who wrote, defended and enforced those laws.

Riptide likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What the hell you talking about?

Fucko never released his taxes. There is no proof he has actually paid ten cents in taxes. Other than his own word which can safely be presumed bullshit.

That's a bit more than a "loophole."

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's not what you meant to say, but you hit the truth with that typo.

8. Starman

What he "explicitly said," as usual, is bullshit.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

In Trump's defense (first time I've ever uttered such nauseating words), I don't believe he thought he was alluding to Nazis in the statement.

I'm afraid the left is starting to overplay its hand (a longstanding bad habit) with some of the hyperbolic descriptions of late. This doesn't make a Trump a Nazi (as I've heard suggested), but it does make him an idiot. Honestly, I don't think ideology had nearly as much to do with his horrible handling of this as just narcissism and ignorance.

I think what was firstly in his mind is that it was dispute between 1) people who voted for him and praise him; and 2) people who voted against him and hate him. Trump's modus operandi his entire life has been to viciously attack those against him and heap praise upon those for him. And he just couldn't bring himself to break form by siding with people who hate him over people who like him--because everything to Trump is all about Trump.

And, as sad as it sounds to think we could have a president so ignorant, I get the impression that he doesn't fully understand just how appalling the word Nazi is to decent people; and that there's only one proper response for a politician to give about any dispute that involves Nazis: unconditionally repudiate the side the Nazis are on.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not one person on that side wasn't a neo-Nazi or white nationalist. Not a single one.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's going to win again.

He's going to win in 2020.

12. Starman

Oh for fucks sake.

Now we're toddlersplaining what the stupid dumb fuck was "really thinking" before he put his mouth in gear on live teevee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.