1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Gee, I wonder how this same reasoning could be used to apply to those who "continue to support" Donald Trump? Are you comfortable with all of his words and actions being imputed to you?

And, oh yeah, your take on the Pershing tweet?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He likes puppies.

Oh, wait.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hillary Clinton had to answer this.

He loves his family. Even the Joo.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. Because now I have to go to Rosemont and Lincolshire too, and they're not in the same direction as Munster.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Possibly a picayune clarification but ... @YankeeFan used the words "you all" in a poorly executed piece of (Southern) cultural appropriation (the proper phrasing is y'all, y'all, and it doesn't necessarily imply all of y'all).

I can forgive him his patience with Trump, but this reckless exercise of his Yankee privilege gets to be too much!

Iron_chet, SnarkShark and Inky_Wretch like this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

When groups of neo-nazis, klansmen, militia types, and assorted other bigots hold a giant rally that is all over the news, I have the expectation that the president is going to stand up and unequivocably denounce them -- it's presidential demeanor 101, and in fact, it's the one role I personally WANT the president playing for the country. When he doesn't immediately do that, it speaks volumes. Worse, when he stands up and what he actually does choose to say is that "many sides" are to blame (which was a dog whistle to the bigots), you can take his actions and his words combined, and for me, he is not only the worst person ever to hold that office (and that is saying a lot), he is a person devoid of decency.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll read those links, mostly to see if you pulled your usual bullshit and posted things you didn't even bother to read carefully.

But before I dig in, let's address your last line. It absolutely does matter that nobody on this board called him a Nazi. You said we did it. I am not responsible for everything any person to your political left did in the history of this country. Neither are any of the other posters who disagree with you politically, or the people outside of our little playground who also disagree with you. I know you are desperate to lump us all together as one in a failed attempt to justify your support laundry-driven support for President Trump, but it's just not true.

Also, your premise is flawed. Even if he had been called a Nazi, that makes his comments more meaningful, not less. If Schwarzenegger really did express admiration for Hitler 50 years ago, it makes it more meaningful that he has come out more strongly against them now than President Trump, not less. Agreeing with something he says does not mean I have to like everything about the man. That is a lesson you seem to need to learn.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a Texan, you have no standing to discuss Southern cultural appropriation. Now go drink a Dr Pepper at Whattaburger.

TowelWaver and doctorquant like this.
  11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If I remember SJ.com history correctly, more effort was made to link Gov. Gray Davis to Nazi ancestors than to link Schwarzenegger to his (Arnold's ancestry is already pretty well known and, beyond a poor representation of his accent, rarely used on SJ.com as a slam against him).

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan's posts make a lot more sense -- are quite entertaining, actually -- if you assume that he is a Kremlin-financed troll operating out of the basement of his babushka's flat on the outskirts of Vladivostock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.