1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just think it's funny that the same guys the media accused of being Nazis, being soft on Nazis, or courting Nazis, are now the same people the media are going to as elder statesmen to denounce Trump's courting of Nazis.

At some point, shouldn't the media take a look at their own faults, and level with the public regarding them?

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

Another example: cable news keeps putting partisan liars on television for "balance," then wondering why the public doesn't grasps facts anymore.

Yes, the anchors were correct here, but to many they'll look bad for shouting down a moronic whore. Problem is, we can't also cater to the lowest common denominator.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Trump has not been falsely accused of courting neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Also, can you please link to Elizabeth Flock's stories on Romney this week so I can evaluate?

4. YankeeFan

I've seen a lot of folks -- including those in the media -- say they were too easy on Trump. They've said that the coverage of Hillary's emails was over the top.

How about looking at how you covered every mainstream Republican candidate for the last 40 years?

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You are equating reporting in which political opponents of Republican candidates are quoted with attack articles. W got bad press in 2000 and 2004? Reagan was never praised by the media. John McCain? That's not even in reality's area code.

6. YankeeFan

Oh, I'm sure Elizabeth Flock isn't a working journalist anymore after that train wreck.

Oh, wait. I'm wrong. She's a reporter for the PBS NewsHour, because of course she is.

7. Dick Whitman

Why is "the media" writ large responsible for adhering to what Elizabeth Flock previously wrote? Did she bind them?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Awfully edgy around here for a Friday afternoon ...

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

Gives me an excuse to hit the bottle in a few to take the edge off. Got all my running done for the week, too. All signs lead to Old Forrester.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*cough* *hack* *cough* *cough* *hack* uh Fox News *cough* *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.