1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I would imagine Hillary and Bill aren't in such good odor these days. But these things have a way of changing ...

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This'll be good

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

No problem. I did assume the link was about a correction, it was the rest that got me (I blame trump!) And now I will go read the story.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re-read my comment again. Look at the motivations of both. They are not morally equivalent.

One guy joined the side that wanted to continually violently oppress African-Americans. The other joined a side that decided to fight violent oppression against African-Americans with violence. Not the same.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I honestly have never heard of most of the people you parade out. I'm a news junkie, not a political animal.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

NPR interviews Democratic vice-mayor of Charlottesville, Wes Bellamy:

So, Bellamy is just one of the "good guys" fighting the white supremacists, right?

Well, you decide:

A Virginia Board of Education member has stepped down after a series of his tweets from several years ago surfaced, including public messages that had gay slurs, references to sexual assault and anti-white comments.

Wes Bellamy, 30, a high school computer science teacher and a Charlottesville city councilman, was appointed to the state board of education by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) in March. Brian Coy, McAuliffe’s spokesman, said Wednesday morning that “the governor was horrified by what was reported as having appeared on Mr. Bellamy’s Twitter feed.”

Virginia Board of Education member resigns after vulgar tweets surface

Charlottesville Vice Mayor Wes Bellamy published several tweets between 2009 and 2014 using gay slurs, comments against white people, lewd slang for female genitalia and other profanities. Many of the old tweets show a stark contrast between his more recent posts lauding women’s and LGBTQ rights. Bellamy made his Twitter account private this Saturday.

Homophobic, sexist, anti-white language abundant in Charlottesville vice mayor's tweets

Now, can you imagine NPR interviewing a Republican with such a history is such a manner? Could you imagine them not informing their listeners of his history, let alone bringing it up during the interview?

Democrats rarely have to confront these issues because they're rarely forced to confront these issues.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I do (and a bs detector) and there were other responses to that initial post, keep up.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to guess that the organizers of the Women's March, who invited her -- and Linda Sarsour -- to speak were familiar with her background.

And, national media only celebrated the event. Democrats aren't called on to defend their associations.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Guesswork and whining about the media with no real evidence. More of the YF playbook.

WCIBN likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.