1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If you want to say that the WaPo should have done this kind of work during the Obama administration, I wouldn't necessarily disagree.

But...this is journalism. Shining a light. Those charities are welcome to say "hell yes we're still on for Mar-A-Lago. You're welcome to be mad at the reporter doing it.

Nevertheless, it was journalism when the media combed through every inch of Bill Clinton's personal life post-Lewinsky, and this is journalism now.

Your personal pleasure with it has zero bearing on what it is.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You're wrong.

These are facts are they not? You characterize it as activism because you don't agree/like the facts.

This is yet another example of denouncing the story because you don't like the facts. If these are not accurate facts, I'm all for you, that's not journalism. But if the reporting is accurate, its journalism. Deal with the facts.

Shaming? Its only shaming if you have a reason to hide it, but the fact of the cancellation? Why can't you handle the scrutiny? You're a charity receiving tax benefits, should be up to public scrutiny about where you have your event.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IMG_1061.JPG

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is it true? Will it sell? Sure sounds like journalism to me.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL. You dummy. :cool:

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

It was a deadening, numbing 77 minutes. (If there's one modern orator he most resembles, it's Fidel Castro.) The abiding feelings that I took away from this carnival of the Id were twofold: first, that this jefe manqué is on the verge of sending people infinitely better than he is to die in a war he doesn't understand, and second, and probably most important, this is a president* who is scared to death. He's frightened of the responsibilities of his office, of the mounting unpopularity of both himself and his policies, and of the hounds baying at the frontiers of his shady past and shadier present. He's terrified, and he should be. He's desperately shoring up the bubble that his ovine followers helped him build to insulate him from the truth and from empirical reality.

I Have No More Patience for Trump Supporters

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Trucks. That's the problem.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Goddamn driverless vehicles. I hear they're very anti-Semitic.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

X-Hack and Hermes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.