1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can see why all his constituents have that little problem with "there" vs. "their."

There boy can't even get it right.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Himself is a hateful, misogynistic asshole. You know, the kind you like to lecture around here.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

ESPN is so full of it, and they basically throw Lee -- who isn't in a position to dispute the company line -- under the bus.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Spelling is to hard.

We don't need no fancy schmancy kollege book lernin. We done lerned a lot in 12 years at Bubba Bob's Bible Babptist Academy. Why, we even done gradjewated eighth grade!

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

It is ridiculous the way they treated this guy. ESPN's 148th-tier announcer is not begging off of games.

Also:

HanSenSE and Jake_Taylor like this.
  6. YankeeFan

WSJ reporters leaking to NYT reporters, when forced to report the news without inserting their opinions.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

LOL. Yeah, just be objective like the editor, guys!

This month, Politico obtained and published a transcript of a White House interview with Mr. Trump conducted by Mr. Baker and several Journal reporters and editors. Unusually for an editor in chief, Mr. Baker took a leading role in the interview and made small talk with Mr. Trump about travel and playing golf.

When Ivanka Trump, the president’s older daughter, walked into the Oval Office, Mr. Baker told her, according to the transcript, “It was nice to see you out in Southampton a couple weeks ago,” apparently referring to a party that the two had attended.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

For all we know it was Baker who leaked.

9. YankeeFan

Well, yeah, there's that.

Still, this is unusual. This is the second example of the newsroom leaking to other outlets.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Lord Rupert will not be pleased.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In a vacuum, making small talk with someone is not necessarily a sign of lack of objectivity.

Personally, I think Baker is right about most newspapers abandoning relative objectivity. Many of them have. Even though I tend to agree with the NYT's implicit assessment of Trump, it doesn't necessarily mean I find its coverage consistently objective.

Objectivity is lonely and unexicting. It doesn't get twitter hosannas. It doesn't get peer affirmation. It's not fun at the after-hours bar. It's not very cool, and at least some of journalism is somewhat hung up on being that.

Cosmo, QYFW and Dick Whitman like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I agree with Baker.

And I never did hear back from the NYT reporters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.