1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, that didn't take long.. I guess I stand corrected regarding this:

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Sorry to ruin your story with facts. If there was a storm directly threatening THAT area and the best route of escape was into South Texas, I would agree that checkpoints should be adjusted.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think he's saying that colonia residents won't evacuate because they won't be able to get back in.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I remember that as well and also found it funny, but not for the same reason you did. I did not think Trump was making fun of himself. I thought he was still genuinely miffed, and was being totally serious when he said, "We had a great season." IMO he was basically saying, "You may think who wins an Emmy is unimportant, but I thought then and still think now that it's totally important, and even as I stand here tonight I sincerely think we got jobbed. Thus I refuse to apologize about wanting to get what was unjustly taken from me."

I did not think that was deadpan comedy or self-effacement, just Trump being Trump – airing his grievances about the elite (in this case the Hollywood elite) screwing him out of what he deserved. I found it funny because I felt it was very honest, which I did in truth find a little endearing. Almost.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Cuck Alert.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That might be the oddest thing I've read on this site, manky jimy and JDV included.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No, fuck the people who created Cailliou. Godalmighty.

Inky_Wretch, Baron Scicluna and JC like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Fuhrer has a sense of timing. Announces the end of DACA on a Friday afternoon with hurricane about to hit. A racist decision will be ignored.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.