1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Obama's Katrina!

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yet another example of what the Trumpistas won't acknowledge: Trump brings the "bad" coverage on himself with stupid stuff like this.

BadgerBeer and lakefront like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just hearing Tillerson say the President "speaks for himself" and is not a reflection or definer of American values...nice to know our President comes equipped with a disclaimer.
    "The views expressed by the President of the United States are not necessarily those of the United States."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

Leaving who, the assistant secretary of agriculture, to speak for the USA?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No, Breitbart and Infowars.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Antifa is essentially the same bunch of dickheads who showed up in Seattle for the WTO meetings in 1999 and rioted, broke windows, burned a Starbucks, etc. The current crew decked out in black may not literally be the same people, but that's the bloodline. They're playing at urban anarchist, and in some cases make it over the line and actually become full bore anarchists.

I think that at least some of what's running around the various alt-right rallys are copycats and wannabes. Black shirts and masks are easy cosplay. Most of the left views them in the same way that the non-racist right views the KKK and the alt-right demi-Nazis. In the wake of the rally in Charlottesburg there are people on the left who are supporting them because they are seen as confronting the alt-right head on in the streets. They shouldn't. They may not be cut from the same bolt of cloth as the Nazis, but their methods are far too similar for me to be comfortable with them.

HC and lakefront like this.
  7. HanSenSE

Nice sidestep by Trump on the Russian question during the newser with the Finnish president.

8. HanSenSE

Ratings? WTF?

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I felt bad for chuckling when I heard they pepper-sprayed Joey Gibson and chased him away.

Anarchists pepper spray conservative leader

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"Lots of people watching hurricane coverage, eh? I'm going to pardon Sheriff Joe to get bigly TV ratings!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Completely getting the 20th century history of Finland wrong in front of its leader will be forgotten by the six o'clock news, but would be a weeks-long brouhaha for any other President. We have defined Trump down to "well, he didn't blow up the world or commit treason today. Kinda presidential."

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.