1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Why didn't all those people in Dallas just stop Lee Harvey Oswald?

You are veering into WriteThinking territory.

"Just stop!"

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ok. Sure. But then don't tell me the "good folks" there condemn violence, or don't want to be associated with Antifa's violence.

If you're in a position to prevent it, and you don't, then you own a share of it.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why? The huge majority of good folks there condemn violence and don't want to be associated with antifa's violence. Why would they throw themselves between neo-Nazis and junior anarchists?

4. YankeeFan

This is Baronesque. Oswald didn't show up and announce his intentions, and find no opposition.

Antifa show up, "in uniform"' and with stated intentions to commit violence. In Boston there's video of fellow attendees cheering them as they make their way through the crowd.

This isn't an inability of the "good folks" to prevent violence. It's an unwillingness.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"You're gonna have the best recovery. Just watch. It's gonna be beautiful. So beautiful. Thank you."

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The answer that you are trying to push everyone toward, as always, is that all people who lean left are bad people, and I'm not going to play Binary Choice Theater.

7. YankeeFan

Question: why don't good Muslims do more to prevent Islamic terrorism?

Answer: Oh my God! Muslims have been condemning violence everywhere you look.

Question: But what about cases where folks knew something in advance, and said nothing, like in Orlando and San Bernardino?

Answer: Not their job to protect Kafirs.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

"Oh, look, there's a man throwing rocks and bottles at a bunch of Nazis. I'm going to go have a word with him!"

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I miss "scandals" like this.

11. YankeeFan

You haven't seen any video, have you?

12. YankeeFan

You wouldn't exonerate any other group that allowed such a small percentage to commit violence without doing anything to stop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.