1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How do you propose the pacifists stop the antifa folks? Join hands and sing Kumbayah in front of them?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When outnumbered by 40-1, yes, they could quite literally stand between them.

3. YankeeFan

Maybe the 4,000 just don't have a problem with the violence. Why should we assume they do?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case. Go back through the thread. Not once have I condemned the Fourth Reich for the actions of one asshole who drove his car into a crowd. I don't support their message, obviously. But I don't think they were supposed to somehow stop him.

5. Dick Whitman

Occam's Razor here:

(1) Liberals are all bad people who want violence to happen, so they don't stop it; or

(2) Weighing their various options, people would prefer not to meet their death by getting in the middle of a fucking riot.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

That's assuming ...

A) the number is accurate
    2) there was defined rally leadership on several levels who could communicate and execute such a plan
    III) they were willing to get their heads cracked when antifa turned on them

7. YankeeFan

This is still a completely different situation. When Antifa shows up, we know there goal is to commit acts of violence.

If you cheer them as they enter, if you stand idly by as they commit acts of violence, despite vastly outnumbering them, you can't pretend to be shocked and outraged by the violence, or disassociate yourself from it.

8. Dick Whitman

I don't know enough about what's going on to really render an educated opinion about this. I've been paying attention to the hurricane, the Bears, and working through the New Yorker piece on Assange.

So it's possible that people somehow didn't do enough to stop violence of some sort in Berkeley this week. But my red flags radar is up when I know that the only correct answer is supposed to be, "Liberals suck."

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

But enough about our president.

Riptide and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I love the pearl-clutching over violence from the same people who enthusiastically support someone who encouraged police to rough up suspects, people to use Second Amendment solutions against his political opponent, and said he'd pay the bail and legal fees when his rally-goers beat the shit out of protesters.

Killick and Steak Snabler like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

But that's his whole point. This is a drawn out "Whatabout" post.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.