1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sounds great, thanks. Just sign that line to affirm that he's not another neeegggro. :cool:

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The world now waits, with bated breath, to see how @YankeeFan spins this one ... :cool:

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

But Obama's tan suit!!

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Politico isn't anybody's paper of record, but the author came at that one with a thousand-pound grudge. Corpus Christi is very close to the initial landfall, and this guy makes it sound like he could have been in El Paso. I certainly wouldn't be cheered up by seeing Donald Trump but it isn't hard to believe that there are plenty of Texans who would want to see him. And his dopey way of speaking isn't super reassuring, but I've heard him say far worse at times that would be equally inappropriate.

This article was just a little much for me.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He would have been hammered worse (and more deservedly so) if he landed in Houston, took law enforcement resources away from the rescue to protect him and used survivors as photo ops. He was far enough away where he could show people he cared and was touching base with people in charge. That is what the President is supposed to do in events like this.

I have found it interesting that FEMA spokespeople have been very specific about saying they aren't "in charge" they are assisting local and state officials. I don't know if that is a new operating philosophy or just to keep people worried about FEMA camps from getting itchy trigger fingers.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"What a crowd, what a turnout" is not what a president is supposed to say in a time and place such as that.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He didn't have his teleprompter with him.
    Seriously, I'm surprised he didn't say "You know these people are lucky. You know how much property by the water increases your value?" It is sick that he views the hurricane as some show he is producing - but perhaps he's a moron and that is how Kelly explained how he he needed to respond in order to get him to understand the stakes.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

There is something fundamentally broken about Donald Trump, some piece or pieces that make people human that he doesn't have or that have been irrevocably broken. He and his presidency are irredeemable.

If you still support him — heck, if you tolerate him and don't actively oppose him — there is some part of you that is broken.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I believe God is punishing us in the form of Ann Coulter.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.