1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

#democraticprocesses

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You just referenced a tweet from Jacob Fucking Wohl. You really ought to check into a mental institution.

Please, tell us, great YF: What should have Obama done in 2005 to help Katrina victims when he wasn't president? Because you're one of those asshats who believes Obama was president in 2005, aren't you?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Take your medicine again.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I didn't have cranberry's reaction to that article. I didn't think it was a white-wash, but that it was an attempt to show that the antifa crowd is not innocent, either.

The problem with all of this is summarized by the cop in the story's thought that there is a thin line between solving one problem and causing another -- a very true concept.

Unfortunately, it is also exacerbated by the fact that both sides think, and could be speaking, Gibson's last line: “We can’t stand by, we’ve gotta stand up. And we’ve got to do it together, or it’s gonna be gone.”

That, right there, is the problem. Sides, by their very definition, are not "together."

One of my main problems with all of this, too, is that all the discord, frankly, seems almost fake and manufactured. I often think the same thing whenever I see people's references to Trump as the Fuhrer, and these seemingly play-acting Nazis to real Nazis, and even heyabbot's reference to his ancestors' experiences in the Warsaw Ghetto.

We are not in the middle of WWII. We are living in, comparatively, incredibly privileged times that are ALLOWING these people to behave as they are, not causing or prompting it.

Which, in my mind, makes it all even more disturbing.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No one in their right mind would have THAT reaction to the article. No one.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

@cranberry and @Starman are starting up a new thing ... the AntiKumbayah, called AntiKum for short. They ain't got no time for no principles. It's 24/7 of up against the wall motherfuckers ... we's a breakin' heads for freedom and justice! And critical thinking skills, too.

SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  7. Riptide

Bet you'd kill for some doughnuts right now. Have you looked in the pantry?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I was in that during my freshmen year at college. Then I met a lovely lass from SMU during spring break.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I am reminded of that oddly named chain of gas stations, Kum & Go. At least I think they're gas stations. I've always been scared to use one. So to speak.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. Riptide

Vombie took that for his business cards. :cool:

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Life Pro Tip: Skip the tapioca.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

#paradoxoftolerance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.