1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Two fellow billionaire friends, who you specifically said rejected him.

And, of course, there are more, Phil Ruffin, Steve Wynn, and Woody Johnson, among others.

You were wrong. I don't know why this is so hard.

@Stoney can make an absurd statement, and when called on it, admits he was "technically" incorrect.

You got this wrong. You should admit, and stop arguing a losing point.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

YF, yes, I was wrong. Donald Trump reportedly has several friends.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Clearly it's because he was not the president. Anyone can like a business guy and many more are taken in by a con being "gracious and flattering" Good lord, You don't see how it is a different relationship? Blowhard businessman/con man some think of as "charming" compared to that person being your president. Two different standards.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I find the fact that people felt comfortable enough to not wear masks while carrying tiki torches, giving Nazi salutes and chanting "Blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us" even more disturbing.

Riptide and Vombatus like this.
  6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Also, you should have seen him high tail it out of the Catholic dinner thing they throw after the last debate. I forget the name. Any way that event is filled by all types from NYC. Trump could not get out of there fast enough. People lingered for quite a while afterword, I would have thought some of those folks could have reasonably been expected to be his "friends".

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hey, I know how to fucking spell.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Board question: how do you quote multiple nested postings? I've never figured this out.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

On each post you want to include click "+Quote" in the bottom right corner. When you have all the quotes you want go to the message box and you'll see below "Insert Quotes". Just click that and they'll all show up in the box.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  12. Vombatus

[​IMG]

That's the Macarena if you are in WTF mode. I know. Awful FAIL for me. I almost posted this though:

[​IMG]

Not enough flailing of arms though.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.