1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's because it's all a shell game to try to pretend that it's not just about hating brown people.

"I don't dislike immigrants, I just want it to be done legally" (but supports policies to reduce the number of legal immigrants and make it harder to follow the process)

"I'm really concerned about the increase in violent and property crime" (but I want to deport people who have a long history of not committing violence or property crimes)

"You can't reward someone for breaking the law" (but I want to deport people who were too young to be said to have committed a crime when the illegal entry happened)

"Won't this just encourage more illegal immigration/some other statement about how illegal immigration has become rampant" (repeatedly ignoring that the number of illegal immigrants living in America has been trending downward for awhile)

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Short version: Republicans are racist.

3. RickStain

Everyone is racist. The Republican party has weaponized it.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You just bought yourself a condescendingly vague banality from doctorquant, mister.

5. RickStain

I bought a lifetime membership to that particular box club ages ago.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

EDS: Insert #sneer about here ...

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in a more perfect universe ...

[​IMG]

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is... a mouthful?

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This story should be covered. I don't think it's a distraction. Just another megaphone to the racist base. This one is especially effective because it hurts educated brown people who are law abiding and on a path to be far more successful than a large percentage of losers who fell for the Trump con. That can't stand!

Also, Russia isn't going away. The less focus on Mueller and his investigation, the better. Let the work be done quietly and methodically. And hopefully nail this band of con artists and criminals.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Unless Mueller has a curiously sudden heart attack or something.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Russia investigation is still running, and there have been significant developments. It has simply been pushed from the headlines by more urgent concerns, hurricanes and missiles. We've also gotten a bit bored with it, as that progress has been incremental and in small details beloved of the investigation wonks but meaning little to the average joe.

I like it better that way. Quiet is good, the spotlight being elsewhere is good. You can bet that no one in the West Wing thinks that the investigation has gone away.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For simplicity I guess we could just refer to DACA as "a glimpse of holiness" ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.