1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

His rant reminds me of geezers on FB saying the local weatherman gets a cut from the grocery store when he predicts winter weather and the milk and bread sell out.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What are people going to say when they realize you used impact(ed) as a verb?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They'll probably criticize me for sounding like a TV football talking head. And rightly so. They'll be accurate if they accuse me of failing to give 110 percent and failing to step up in crunch time.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I see a dragon.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Shouldn't violets be worked in there?

8. Deskgrunt50

That Rush rant was unhinged, even for him. Look, I hope Irma weakens or changes course and heads out to sea. He can crow about his conspiracy theories and I'll happily ignore him.

But none of the models predict that right now. And at this point, it has the look of a devastating event.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Besides the thinly disguised insults ("naive", really?), what did you really point out about Ms. DeVos and what she's done for America's public schools, because she's supposedly the head of the federal schooling program? Nothing. Yet again.

She helped "2 girls and their families." That's it.

"The Church is very white and how they really didn't interact with a lot of poor people of color, and [DeVos] encouraged them to have such interactions." Wow, she's a regular MLK disciple.

I'm not demonizing her because of my political beliefs, I'm doing it because her actions show she's cutting away at necessary programs that help the poor and disenfranchised (whether white, black, latino, yellow.)

cranberry likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Or, "That's a bird, that's a cow, that's a horse with a hat on." Shatner/Airplane II

Batman likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess I won't vote for Obama next time.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I read that tradition has the DOJ submit a list after research has been done. Not a rule of course but that is how they sometimes do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.