1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The Mooch is kind of the Kato Kaelin of this administration. He's famous and nobody's going to quite remember why.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That would have been yet another great, and sad, story coming out of the WH.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tell my mom too. You two probably have similar tales.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He'll surround himself with the best people.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

@Songbird just wants to know what happened to his Jemele and Mike thread. He started that thread months ago to show his appreciation of the two of them, not for any of your silly political arguments. Now it is locked. Poor guy.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

How right was Mooch on Steve Bannon, though? Pretty dead on.

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't want to know how you ascertained that, but carry on.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plus he recently showed his ass in public. Really poor guy.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

More like this:

[​IMG]

wicked, BitterYoungMatador2 and HC like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I did what now?

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The 60 Mins interview made it clear as every that Mooch was right, that Bannon's attachment to Trump was all about building his own brand, there was no ideological tether to it. I think the Mooch, as hilarious as he was to make fun of, might have actually been a really effective surrogate for Trump. Bannon wants to convince us he's some super genius "street fighter" when in fact he's really just a complete whore to corporate masters like the Mercers. That entire interview with Rose was a pretzel exercise in auto fellatio.

melock likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I wish I felt comfortable telling more. ... but I once had breakfast with him to discuss potential business (the thing went nowhere), and I also did some work for his SALT Conference, which is a hedge fund industry conference he created, which gets heavy hitter speakers from Joe Biden to Ben Bernanke to Dan Loeb, Jeff Gundlach, etc.

The guy is a born salesman, which particularly in his case comes with a VERY healthy dose of bullshit. ... and raw ambition that he doesn't disguise well. ... but I don't quite think of him as Kato Kaelin, who as far as I know has no discernible skills. Scaramucci had no place anywhere near the White House, let alone a communications job in the White House, but there are other settings in which he actually stands out in a room, if you have ever experienced it. He's really good at ingratiating himself to powerful people with a lot of money and big egos and getting them to work together to do things they they wouldn't have otherwise done. I know that will get eye rolls from some people on here who don't get it, but I find that to be a skill.

I get what you are saying, FWIW. Most people have no clue what Skybridge Capital was or what the SALT Conference is, and in the carnival / mess of the Trump administration, he quickly became a caricature and a joke.

TigerVols, cranberry and Double Down like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.