1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    You rang?

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hill and ESPN took another attempt at putting this behind them, after the first, vague statement didn't get the job done.

Jemele has a right to her personal opinions, but not to publicly share them on a platform that implies that she was in any way speaking on behalf of ESPN. She has acknowledged that her tweets crossed that line and has apologized for doing so. We accept her apology.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So over the last 12-16 hours or so, Trump has gone from reportedly cutting a deal with Democrats to save DACA to denying it on Twitter to confirming it this morning. I'd expect him to change his mind eight more times before dinner, and God knows whether Congressional Republicans will play ball, but it is fascinating to say the least.

Trump Confirms Support for Law to Protect ‘Dreamers’

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm taking this post seriously, I think.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What does "Plus BIG border security" as a standalone sentence mean?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What about calling people "trolls" when your stupid emotional arguments have been pantsed and revealed as intellectually bankrupt time and again?

How large does the circulation of the magazine you write celebrity profiles for have to be for you to be able to do that without repurcussion?

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

To be fair, you don't have to be a working journalist anymore to get away with a lot worse than "fuck you."

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It means that if he's going to try and sell this to his base (personally I'll need to feel the nail marks in the hands, so to speak), he needs some kind of cover to say "This is what I won" out of a deal.

And there ought to be some room to negotiate there. Border security in and of itself is not a bad thing. Ideally it should be paired with criminal enforcement against employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens, but now we're really getting into utopian fiction.

Again, I'll believe it when it is signed into law and has survived the nuisance suits from the usual suspects.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It's interesting to watch the believers (Jenner etc.) see the light. They should all be welcomed and not mocked.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The Four Seasons of Kremlingate

"The evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin — and of Trump’s attempts to cover up that fact — grows more damning by the week."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.