1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Hill, curry, kaepernick bad. Sheriff who ran literal concentration camps good.

I wish someone would color-code these people so I could keep track.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And labor was strong because of external factors that can't be replicated. Europe was recovering from devastating war and Asian was committing to communism. American manufacturing was the only game in town, and you needed labor to manufacture.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Tomorrow's anthems are going to be something...Curious to see if we see a record number of white players doing something to indicate displeasure

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think some of this is you wishing some of this would be true, rather than it actually being true, and some of it just being whatever liberal rhetoric you can conjure up because it makes for compelling editorializing.

I'm not necessarily opposed to, you know, compelling editorializing. And maybe it will tear the league apart. Certainly it's an America that seems ready to tear itself apart in the name of...something.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

In all seriousness: Isn't what really happened that he serendipitously stumbled upon FOX News a few years ago like a lot of senior citizens do?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was not a prediction, just a statement of existing conditions. That is the reality of the makeup of both NFL players and fans. It has fault lines like any human relationship does.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Surely, Chelsea Clinton is to blame for all this rot.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Heaven forbid any Americans show restraint and maturity in face of Trump.

Obviously the way out of polarization is to go to the mattresses over NFL comments.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

But the more players participate, the more the hate will get stoked. Mission accomplished for Donny.

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don’t forget that many KKK members and neo-Nazis are “very fine people.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.