1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Also, if you've never been employed as a media critic, then STFU on this board. :)

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I hope every NFL player takes a knee this weekend.

3. Riptide

I'm looking forward to a strong showing, at least.
    Trump loves the macho generals and athletes. He won't know how to handle their rebukes.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That would be the end of Trump!

5. Riptide

Let's wait and see what you have to say spin Sunday night.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Well, yeah, but no biggie?
    The big fun is watching for the backlash Sunday.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Hell, I wish they would take one every weekend and put the shitshow out of business.

heyabbott likes this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If we're not here in the morning.....miss you guys

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know. It was a joke.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The whole thing is ridiculous. It's like a a poker hand where everyone is ALL IN and the pot is maybe $10. Everyone is agitated, nobody will "win" - we'll all just be ticked off and annoyed.
    The Warriors will probably spend some time helping out at a soup kitchen when they go to DC - maybe hang out at the Capitol with Pelosi. Trump is further politicizing the NFL to a point where the only solution might be to stop playing the National Anthem to avoid the distraction. All teams may stop going to the White House now because THAT has become too politicized.
    It's all really stupid. The White House should have just figured out if the Warriors were coming or not, said they didn't want to make a thing out of it. If the team was uncomfortable, have Trump schedule a trip overseas for the when the Warriors were in town and the issue goes away as an unfortunate scheduling coincidence. Of course, I'm not making $150k as the communications director for the WH. I imagine Trump will be back down in the low 30s next week.

Riptide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.