1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

When one side is a growing fascist uprising, you should be divisive.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ruben!

We need a wall around South Carolina. And no flights allowed out.

Batman likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This is going to end Willy T. Ribbs’s career.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The rights of those two parties should be equal, no?

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Points for making me chuckle with that one ... because I know which party you mean.

Good to know Republicans never used race-baiting to attract votes until Trump thought of it!

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

See if you can guess which word is problematic there. I'll spot you the "T," the "H," the "N" and the "K" ...

9. doctorquant

You stumbled there ... no biggie, it's easy to do so ... she's stipulating "sexual assault victims" ...

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, there's still a scramble to pass the shitty healthcare bill that nobody wants.

Revised version helps Alaska, Maine, Arizona and Kentucky as a direct appeal to Murkowski, Collins, McCain and Paul.

Introduced Monday, voted on Wednesday. No CBO score.

I can't see McCain or Paul changing their minds. And Murkowski and Collins would still have a tough time voting for it.

This attempt is really disgusting.

One nugget from the WaPo story I didn't know: Cruz said he and one other also don't support it. Likely just cover in the event it fails.

From the story:
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), a conservative who has advocated a more far-reaching repeal of the ACA, commonly called Obamacare, said he and at least one other conservative colleague do not back the measure “right now.”

New version of health-care bill will help Alaska and Maine — home of two holdout senators

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

But what if the accused wasn't the person who committed the assault? I'm not talking about a he said/she said deal over consent. What about a victim who was definitively assaulted and and a falsely accused person?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  12. doctorquant

Me, too. Once you've stipulated assault, there's no he said anymore. It's just a matter of establishing identity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.