1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Very impressive that you've upgraded your LOOK OVER THERE! campaign to an international platform.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump will have primary opposition. There's no way he doesn't.

Most Democrats can beat him provided they're willing to budge on the social agenda. But I don't know if they will.

3. Riptide

It Would Really Help Me Out If You Guys Could
    Just
    Give Up Your Health Insurance This One Time

[​IMG]

By Mitch McConnell
    THEONION.COM

Hey there, it’s your ol’ pal, Mitch. How’ve you been? Great, great. Anyways, I got a small favor to ask. You see, I’ve got this problem that’s been bothering me for a while and I was kind of hoping you could give me a hand with it. Basically, it would really, really help me out right now if you could just give up your health insurance this one time.

I know, I know, you’ve got other things to deal with right now. I get it. But I’m kind of in a pinch at the moment and if you just want to go ahead and get rid of your health coverage, as well as any coverage for your spouse and children, I’d greatly appreciate it. Seriously, it would mean so much to me if you did that.

Honestly, it would be pretty quick and easy. All you have to do is take a minute or two and dump whatever insurance you’ve got: HMO, PPO, prescription drug coverage, opioid treatment, mental health services, hospice care, everything. Oh, and your maternity leave. I’m definitely gonna need that, too. If I’m being honest, the sooner you could eliminate those things, the better it would be for me.

And let me make it clear: this is all I’m asking. You drop your access to affordable healthcare just this once and I swear I won’t bother you again. That’s it. Promise.

C’mon.

It Would Really Help Me Out If You Guys Could Just Give Up Your Health Insurance This One Time

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

After Iraq and Libya, any foreign government the US doesn't much like should be actively seeking nuclear weapons and the means to deliver them to the US. Just practical. Fortunately for us, Iran was willing to take the bribe of getting partially back into the world economy to eschew that goal. Watch Trump fuck that up, too.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What's your point? Are you showing your true anti-First Am colors again? If you don't like what you read, don't read it.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Does anyone think the President is actually aware that Puerto Rico is a part of the U.S.?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, they speak Spanish so they aren't really Americans.

8. Riptide

And now these words from Dale Hansen ...

SICK BURN: "I served in the military during the Vietnam War – and my foot hurt, too. But I served anyway."

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dale Hansen has always been a treasure.

FileNotFound likes this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Man, did Dale ever tee off on that one.

11. Riptide

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I am 100% convinced Senator Kid Rock is going to happen. It's the next logical step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.