1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the point of a tax cut is to stimulate the economy, it seems like it would be better if more people received more of the benefit. Say you are going to cut taxes by 100 (million, billion doesn't matter) wouldn't giving most of it to more people encourage them to buy more product than 80 percent of the cut to the top 1 percent. If the middle has more disposable income they will buy more stuff, buying more stuff stimulates more production, more production encourages more investment in finding stuff to sell. We already know the increase in production benefits the top 5 percent exponentially - everybody wins.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think that idiot trumpsters can push that trickle down bullshit with a straight face.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not defending Riptide, mostly because I think I missed the issue that started this thing with DQ, but seeing you post this is really fucking funny and you should know exactly why.

4. outofplace

I agree with your overall point here, but it is worth noting that YF has taken similar jabs at other posters.

5. outofplace

Your point was foolish the first time around and it is no better this time. Just because some of us support their right to take a knee doesn't mean we actually agree with doing it. It's a real shame that you need somebody to explain that to you.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We have all taken Jabs at each other. I think the point was that his was an outing, or a type of I know who you are post

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is “Jabs” a proper noun?

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

This guy thinks so. [​IMG]

X-Hack and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
Thread Status: