1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And, all the players protesting today signed on to that statement? Show me the evidence of this.

2. YankeeFan

Here’s the fact: players backed down in the face of pressure from Trump and the fans.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So now the protest must be performed during the anthem and the players must be kneeling for the protest to be valid? Last week, all we heard was how the anthem wasn't the time or place for politics.

At least 350 players, according to the link you provided, protested this Sunday. But go ahead and claim victory. I'm sure the police who kill black men at a disproportionate rate to whites will be happy to buy you a beer.

4. YankeeFan

I don’t know what you want me to tell you.

The protests didn’t grow. They shrank.

5. YankeeFan

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You're clearly a Trump fan (notwithstanding his racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-disabled views) because you espouse the same exact playbook he does. This can only reflect that you are similarly racist, sexist and homophobic.

Here, the issue that the protests were raising was racial discrimination by law enforcement towards blacks and the racist behavior in our society exemplified by Trump's failure to denounce the Charlottesville Nazis. Frankly very simple.

Instead of addressing the issue, you are deflecting by talking about the number of protesters. Hope that makes you feel good, because regardless of your scorekeeping, you still have never addressed the issues raised by the protesters.

Its fairly simple, all you have to say is:

1. I do not support nor am I tolerant of racial discrimination towards blacks or anyone;
    2. I do not support nor am I tolerant of racist, zenophobic views of Neo-Nazis;

Why not start by joining me in denouncing the above? Shouldn't be hard, they have been part of our Constitution for over two hundred years. Or do you admit you would deny our citizens those basic rights? (BTW, my family has been here for over a hundred of them and have supported those laws for the duration of them. How about yours?)

HanSenSE and Riptide like this.
  7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You live in an alternate universe. Although I agree the kneeling before the anthem is pretty half-assed and gutless.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, you're saying it could have been opposite day?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And some of us tried to tell you all along it wasn't all about supporting Kaepernick, but you desperately wanted to dump everything he ever said on every player in the NFL because they dared defy President Trump.

The only response the players had to Trump was a massive protest this week. Only delusional apologists such as you would try to give him any credit for this week's alterations in the protests.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You said the ones protesting last week signed on for everything Kaepernick has ever said. Where is your evidence of that?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Seeing as how Trump made it all about himself, a show of unity from players IS the protest.

Unity is the last thing Trump wants, especially from uppity black athletes.

12. YankeeFan

This is honestly insulting, but to be clear:

1. I do not support nor am I tolerant of racial discrimination towards blacks or anyone;
    2. I do not support nor am I tolerant of racist, zenophobic views of Neo-Nazis;

And, that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface on how I feel about racial, and other forms of discrimination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.