1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Congressman should Focus on His Own Family.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

3. tapintoamerica

Surely they remembered to exclude pregnancies in which conservative Christian heroes and champions of family values are the fathers.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It passed the house in 2015 too, but failed in the Senate. They don't appear to have the votes this time, either.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They know the Senate won't pass it; but they have to look like they're doing SOMETHING, so they do this for more political theater.

Kinda like, you know, those 60 votes to repeal Obamacare.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Those dozens -- LITERALLY DOZENS! -- of votes for Medicare For All come to mind, too.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

If someone can provide me a good reason a healthy 20-week-old fetus should be aborted, I'd like to know. You're talking about a fetus he size of a banana.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your buddy is desperately trying to minimize this and use it to go after the evil media while claiming he isn't trying to use this. It IS his fault and he is just hiding behind some semantic bullshit for cover like he always does.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Says the guy who runs and hides or sticks his fingers in his ears and refuses to acknowledge reality every time he is confronted with an instance of being wrong.

And your response when Dickie correctly pointed out that you were wrong in your response to typefitter? "Fair enough" No actual admission that you were wrong. Just that evasive, vague bullshit, but you insist on a full apology or confession when you think you are right and others weren't?

Don't you ever get tired of spewing hypocrisy all over this board?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's only something like 1 percent of abortions occur 20 weeks and afterward, and most of those are in case of life/health issues for the woman. Others occur because of fetal defects.

This bill preserves the life/health issues exemption, but I'm not sure if there's a fetal defect provision. So, this bill is for probably less than 1 percent of abortions.

11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I'm OK with banning abortions at that stage unless the pregnancy puts the mother in danger, even if it's 1 percent of abortions.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You guys are going to argue abortion? LOL.

I'll just sit back and watch as Baron argues in favor of infanticide for the umpteenth time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.