1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Internet Cop has spoken!

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Well YF clearly is a miserable fuck. There is no other explanation for his creepy Clinton obsession.

3. SpeedTchr

Some might harbor similar thoughts about you. Put him on ignore if you don't like it.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

No, I'm just sick of his obsession of HRC.

She didn't win and her actions, leanings, decisions or moods (past or present) in no way excuse the horror that is Fucko in office.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The result of Friday's executive action will reduce the number of women who have access to birth control. If Trump and the GOP congressional leaders tried to do this through legislation, it would be tough sledding — even among their own caucus — so they went the executive order route. Effective immediately, with no public comment or debate.

This New York Times editorial sums it up: Opinion | Mr. Trump’s Attack on Birth Control

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This photo might be from 2014. That is when Hard Choices came out.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. It is illegal to issue regulations without public comment beforehand, which is the grounds on which Mass. and California are suing in federal court. Note: Administration has a workaround by holding public comment period while adjudicated, then issuing the regulation again.
    2. If I owned a company dealing with the public, I'd be very leery of stripping birth control from employee health insurance, because you're begging for boycotts, picketing, etc.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Bonus points for this one ...

[​IMG]

Vombatus and OscarMadison like this.
  9. SpeedTchr

I'm fairly certain that the people who sued against the provision at the outset don't care about backlash.

10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Back at you champ.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Hey, champ is Tom Petty’s word!

SpeedTchr likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Don’t you find it interesting that the exec order route was an option? I wonder why that was the case ...

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.