1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I'd be more likely to subscribe to his newsletter were he to jump out of the cake.

Iron_chet and Hermes like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In an illuminating interview with the Times. Bob Corker says of Trump "he concerns me. I think he should concern anyone who cares about our nation." For a topper, he expresses fear that Trump "could have us on the road to World War III," And he is leaving office because he knows that's what the Republican voters of Tennessee want. Someone who'll put an end to the world where white people don't come first no matter what.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I thought a fixation on due process was another manifestation of intersectionality and a contrivance effected to perpetuate white supremacy. Damn, these are confusing times.

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This is seriously like an SNL parody. As an American, I’m deeply embarrassed by our executive branch.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This can't be true:

Without offering specifics, he said Mr. Trump had repeatedly undermined diplomacy with his Twitter fingers. “I know he has hurt, in several instances, he’s hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out,” Mr. Corker said.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Please clap.

Holy shit that's awful.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Corker link:

All but inviting his colleagues to join him in speaking out about the president, Mr. Corker said his concerns about Mr. Trump were shared by nearly every Senate Republican.

“Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we’re dealing with here,” he said, adding that “of course they understand the volatility that we’re dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road.”

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens ‘World War III’

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones now says he'll bench any Cowboy who doesn't stand at attention for the flag. I would now love to see Prescott, Elliott and the entire offensive line take a knee. Then let's see how that works out for him.

Iron_chet, melock and service_gamer like this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

His spineless colleagues won't say a word (yes, I know he can speak freely because he's not running again).

A clear case of these cowards putting themselves/party over the good of the country. And these fuckers want to lecture others about patriotism.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.