1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’m sure he was never a dick in high school.

I mean, holy shit, the lack of curiosity is absurd.

No one tracked down a single girlfriend of his until after he had been in office for how long?

And, when they did, these women who had been compressed into a “composite character”, and who were described as helping him make life changing realizations, turned out to be nothing like how they were described.

The media wanted him to win. They weren’t interested in learning anything about him.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Wrestling or passing off Facebook memes as your own. Quite the world you live in.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not at all. I suspect it’s typical. I’m nice.

4. YankeeFan

A. I find that hard to believe. How people interpret the most innocent interactions can be wildly different from how you remember them, or intended them.

2. If we assume candidate Whitman were to take an extreme position on some hot button (social) issue, I would not be surprised if your current position shaped the opinion of some in regards to high school Whitman.

5. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

The place of his birth? His true religion?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If someone did a profile of me, they'd marvel at the fact that in the Podunk Elementary 5th grade mock election of 1972, I was one of only two McGovern voters. I can see the headlines now ... "Knuckle-dragging rape/Nazi apologist not always so bad; Experts ponder what went wrong"

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

If they woulda just looked a little more...

poindexter likes this.
  8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's so easy to debunk this nonsense, but I just don't have time to Google 10 of them. What you're mad about is Stephen Miller's profile further revealed Stephen Miller to be an asshole, and similar stuff doesn't reveal Barack Obama (or Jon Favreau or Tommy Veitor or Valerie Jarrett) to be one, and that's because Stephen Miller is an actual asshole — as his own video of him yelling at lazy janitors confirmed! — and Barry Obama liked to chill and smoke weed and shoot hoop.

Here is from 2012, the same time you were pouting about the story of Mitt Romney holding down hippies and cutting their hair. If only Obama had been an asshole too! No fair! Equal time!

Oh look here is a super in depth profile of David Axelrod (from 2007!) that covers all his time before politics where he is also not revealed to be an asshole. Maybe because he is not one.

Obama’s Narrator

9. YankeeFan

Here’s an article from 5 years after he began running for president. LOL.

The media sure was in a hurry to vet him, weren’t they?

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Long a loner and misanthrope Mr. Hermes, friends say, didn't attend prom but instead peeled out of the high school parking lot in his Trans-Am and played mini-golf while drinking cheap malt liquor. Alone. It made his later ascent into the Trump Administration's most trusted circle and role of Windexing the see-through border wall at $5,000 an hour — based only on a joke he made about Hillary Clinton one time on a message board for bored sports writers, those close to the administration say — all the more stunning.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised. I caught up with an old friend the other night (moved away after sophomore year of high school, then recently moved to my city). I brought up another guy we went to high school with - a dear friend of mine and an old roommate. One of the great people in the world to me. And my old friend - someone else who is very special to me - said, "Austin? He's a piece of shit. I wouldn't stop if he was in front of my car. Might even back up."

Point being, everybody pisses somebody off.

franticscribe and YankeeFan like this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Cool, cool. Speaking if timing, let me know when you want to get around to talking about that Buzzfeed/Milo piece you have now ducked four times.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.