1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It’s catnip for @Smallpotatoes. I wish I would have created him just to troll him. But he’s 100 percent real.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pence promised "any and all assistance," FWIW.

I'm sure Trump will take this opportunity to remind us of his big winery in Charlottesville. Yuuuge.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

NFL, ESPN, Bob Corker ... but Trump doesn't have time to tweet about the Green Berets killed in Niger?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Don't you mean The Water Boy?

Anyhow, the guy has written several books on football coaching and he says several college and NFL coaches use his clock management book.
    His son played at Columbia and was a high school teammate of Ken Dorsey's.
    He seems to have a lot of resentment toward black people. He's written about how when he was a young officer in the Army, a black mess sergeant who was on his way out anyway mouthed off to him and didn't get punished. (Maybe he needs a thicker skin).
    He's also written about what he says a reverse racism in college football recruiting. One story he told was about a white receiver on a mostly black high school team. Everyone on the team wore black Under Armour under their game jerseys and also wore black gloves. From a distance, looking at video from the press box, you couldn't tell if a kid was black or white. He said a college coach was interested in the white receiver, until he found out he was white.
    Does that really happen in recruiting?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He’s that guy?!

poindexter likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That’s “Little Bob Corker”.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

That's "Liddle' Bob Corker."

melock likes this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

9. Smallpotatoes

Yep.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a D_B (I imagine it is) but I'm guessing the resident racist Republican Trump supporters (I know, that's redundant) around here can agree that using the IRS to redistribute the wealth of 32 billionaires is a fantastic idea, right?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Challenging an employee to an IQ test is not undercutting, says Trump. And, furthermore, he doesn't believe in undercutting people.

LOL.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The NFL itself gets the tax break, not the teams or team owners. They've got their own tax breaks as one percenters, but not this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.