1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I fail to see how "gold-digging," coming from you, would be taken as the use of a pejorative.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, hey, Lena Dunham is so ugly, no one wants to sexually assault her, right Ragu?

Hardy har har. Sexual assault jokes are funny, huh?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You were victim blaming.

4. RickStain

I'm wondering if you genuinely don't remember all the posts you made on the subject.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The argument proceeded as follows:

1. News entities, including Slate and Politico, were stating that Donald Trump "bragged about sexual assault" as an established fact.

2. In the relevant conversation, Trump stated, "And they let you do it."

3. "Let you do it" arguably implies consent.

4. Therefore, it should not be treated as an established fact that Donald Trump "bragged about sexual assault."

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You guys do realize that sexual harassment is more likely to be a less than stellar woman than a beautiful, gorgeous one right? The predators prey on the weak, the ones less likely to report and the mainstream buys into that thinking hook, line and sinker, "hey she's too ugly to be harassed/raped, who would want to harass that?"

We should be better than that.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. RickStain

OK, see, you're doing the exact thing you claimed you didn't do. "Let you do it" does not imply consent.

8. Dick Whitman

No, I'm not.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. Ragu made the "she's too ugly joke", not me.

2. In the circles Harvey circulated in, most of the women trying to break into the business are young and beautiful. Harvey's potential victims, even the most vulnerable ones, were likely to be beautiful

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You randomly bolded words. ... and I still didn't say anything close to your nonsense.

For example, "the orgies he and his friends had with houses filled with hookers"? That wasn't me saying that she was a hooker, for christ's sake. That is factually what came out at Berlusconi's trial! It was me pointing out that this was the same woman who testified against Berlusconi at his trial about the orgies he and his friends had with hookers. She took him down. And now is involved in the Harvey Weinstein story.

Yes, she *is* the zelig of models who ends up in those kinds of situations.

11. Dick Whitman

Regardless, you are far afield now. This was your post:

Which is a response to an imaginary post, because you left out the key word - "arguably."

It completely changes the meaning.

12. RickStain

No, it doesn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.