1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I notice that you're making this about Chuck Todd instead of the subject of the post, Gorka. You wonder why you get slammed for ducking questions so often?

Let's try this again, directly, so you can't pretend that you think it's about Chuck.

"Former Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka: "The left has no idea how much more damage we can do to them as private citizens."

This is a man and a mindset that you think is fit to be in the White House?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

As soon as you realize triggering/hurting libtards is Priority No. 1-20, and governing comes in somewhere after that, presumably after golfing and grifting, it makes more sense why Gorka and Bannon will always be celebrated for their cartoonish plans.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Coal country is finding little relief in Trump's climate actions

"A coal revival requires more than a Clean Power Plan repeal. It requires an outright bailout, an even less politically popular option, that the administration is also pushing. The Energy Department’s plan to force regional electricity grids to purchase large amounts of coal, unveiled days before the Clean Power Plan repeal was made public, is getting a hostile reception. Oil and gas companies are joining solar and wind advocates in working aggressively against it."

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

When were four soldiers killed in Benghazi?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Double Down nailed it.

Seriously, is it odd or surprising that they want to “damage”the liberal agenda?

This is like the outrage when Rush Limbaugh said he hoped Obama failed.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except he posted it as a "Blame Obama!" It sounds like most of Congress and Obama dropped the ball on this one, while a few Congressmen led by Republican Tom Marino pushed it through.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Maybe I have a reading comprehension fail. I don't see him saying a word about damaging the liberal agenda. I see "how much more damage we can do to them as private citizens". This sort of shit, plus Trump's authoritarian "We should look at pulling NBC's license" twaddle sounds very Nixonian to me.

When a person who advised the President, and may still, given Trump's pattern of behavior, talks about using the power of the government to damage their political opponents in public, we have taken another step toward Third World authoritarianism.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I didn’t read it as “using the power of government” ... I read it as “now that we don’t have to play by the rules” ...

12. Neutral Corner

Well, I guess the Republicans, and the country as a whole, will get to see how things work now that Bannon and Gorka no longer have to play by the rules.

That's still a despicable mindset, DQ, and with respect, that's not the line reading I get out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.