1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I think what's significant here is that Sgt. Wilson's mother revealed what Trump said, rather than saying it.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Are we really going to argue that how a grieving widow reacted to the statement is the REAL problem here?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The defense of Trump is that he did not intend to offend the woman and her family. He offered words that he thought made sense. He’s just got no self-awareness, empathy, sympathy or interpersonal skills. He doesn’t generally intend to be a monster, he just is one.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are reasons to support the President. If you are a 1 percenter, have an oil company, are pro-life. I get that. I don't know why anyone would vouch for this President's grasp on the truth without drawing a paycheck.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Let me make this very clear for you. Your statement, which is quoted above, is wrong. The charge she made was accurate. And you were wrong.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah, the Russians played no role in our election.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

No. I never doubted he said something along the lines of “he knew the risks”.

But all we got along with that was “yada, yada, yada.

I said we didn’t have a quote.

Did he say it in a dismissive manner? In an uncaring manner?

We can only tell if we know what else he said.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

37996E4A-0CB1-48F8-B7A0-D1EA4B8BDF48.jpeg

melock and Della9250 like this.
  9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

But seriously, can you believe that Obama wore a tan suit?

Big Circus, HanSenSE, melock and 4 others like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Doesn't lying this much ever get old for you? I think it would be exhausting keeping the lies straight, no matter what your reason might be for the deception.

The words were the wrong words. The mother confirmed the original report. He offended the soldier's family, not because they weren't in the right place to hear him, but because he chose the wrong words. You know this. You have to know this. You couldn't function in life if you were too stupid to know this. So just this once, be honest. Try it on for size. It might grow on you.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He could have easily said, “He knew what he was signing up for, and he still selflessly enlisted to serve his country.” In fact, I’m 99.9 percent certain this is along the lines of what was said.

Trump can’t ever walk away from a fight, though, so instead of explaining that in a reserved way, he went after the Congresswoman on Twitter. And so here we are.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And what is it about Trump that leads you to believe he was caring and compassionate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.