1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My friends never heard of you or YOU.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

To clarify, the exact post was, “Fuck you. Suck my cock,” and the target would be unfit to “moderate” a debate between my two furry testicles.

3. Dick Whitman

You know who I mean.

4. TheSportsPredictor

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He's got multiple people talking to and about him to the point he has been the focus of most of the last 10 pages. That's perfect trolling.

6. TheSportsPredictor

7. Dick Whitman

"Trolling" on this board means sticking by an opinion that is not shared by the majority.

You guys make it easy for him by, as DQ pointed out the other day, refusing to concede the possibility that anything out of Trump's mouth could have a benign interpretation. Writ large, the unrelenting freak-out helped him win an election.

8. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't mind YF, other than that time I came home drunk and said that I hate him and everything he stands for. :D

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to apologize for.

The Congresswoman claimed that Trump dismissively/insensitively told the widow of the Green Beret that her husband "knew the risks" when he signed up, and suggested that was the totality of the message.

That was always an absurd notion.

It's a completely normal thing to point out the selflessness of someone who knows the risks, and chooses to volunteer for service despite them.

Now, maybe this one statement stood out to the widow in some way, and maybe it upset her. And, look, she gets a total pass. She's entitled to any emotion at this time. And, maybe Trump wasn't as articulate as he intended to be.

But, his goal was certainly to offer comfort to this woman, and for the Congresswoman, who didn't hear the whole conversation to criticize the president, and politicize the call is unconscionable.

And, for anyone to draw the conclusion that the President was insensitive -- let alone intentionally insensitive -- without knowing what else the President said is ridiculous.

This is also unprecedented. We've never seen a president's condolence call picked apart. I can't even imagine the reaction is a Republican congressman had made a similar claim about an Obama condolence call. This entire board would be accusing the congressman of lying and politicizing the death of a service member.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No, it didn't.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Totes her. lol

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 10.16.21 AM.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.