1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Probably. I was just addressing @TigerVols' implication that knowing how to console a grieving widow isn't rocket science.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I agree with you but as the original post points out, there have been probably 20+ deaths already so you would think he had plenty of practice. I will say it again, I would never accuse Trump of purposely being a jerk but he did lie about what he said a number of times and I doubt any of us finds it hard to believe he may have screwed things up.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, I know. Was just looking to add to your post.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I heard more of Kelly's speech and what the hell was all of the "sacred" stuff? Women were sacred back in the day? That was some fucked up shit.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Seriously, I was watching it live and my thought when he said it was, "How about we don't make women sacred and just treat all people, men and women, as human beings who deserve basic respect?

RickStain and melock like this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Will never understand why so many people lie about something that is so easily refutable like military service. I get the desire to seem greater than you are -- I do, too! -- but lying about military service is really seedy and sick, a real statement about a gaping hole deep within that person that needs to be filled. Reminds me of my ex-wife. Pretty sure she still tells people that she graduated from Columbia. She didn't. She took a few classes there as part of an exchange program with a state school in Connecticut. That turned out to be one of many red flags, including -- and this still gives me the creeps -- taking me to a part of her hometown and pointing out a huge house on a hill and saying she grew up there. She hadn't. She and her family lived in a much smaller house and always had. That left me dumbstruck when I found out; her mom, too, when I asked, "When did you guys move here from that other house?" That was an awkward dinner.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

9. The Big Ragu

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only the best people ...

11. The Big Ragu

Time for another break.

How about we not post photos of people on here, even if they have used it as their avatar or showed it to you or whatever? Let them make that choice, don't make it for them.

Can everyone please chill with the sniping? It's gotten out of control again.

12. The Big Ragu

Hope everyone used the break productively. The weather was beautiful here this weekend; we did a long hike in the woods. As Moddy reminded everyone last time a break was needed: Just don't be an asshole. It's one thing to be passionate when discussing politics. It's another to post just for the purpose of trying to bait other users or to take shots. If you are even close to those lines, please don't post it. Please, no "Fuck you" posts. Please, no referendums on the moderating when you lose your perspective. Think before you post, and if there is even the smallest amount of doubt. ... don't post it. Better to log off, take a long walk and come back the next day.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.