1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

How is it pretty clear someone told Donald Trump he had to call the widow? I mean, there were three other soldiers killed, and one of them released a video of the call and it was very cordial, and I saw no evidence, someone told him he had to call, because honestly, there is no rule that says the President of the U.S. has to call

Why is it stupid and wrong? Where were the Dems when Obama lied to the families of the four dead in Benghazi, and Obama's non call to Kyle's widow?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are these your thoughts or are they copy and pasted from a facebook meme again?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    Hermes, Double Down, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Kyle wasn't killed in the line of duty. That's why it's a stupid comparison.

Stoney, Hermes, Smallpotatoes and 2 others like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Man - never thought I would classify Trump as a tease, but that move with the Kennedy stuff....weak. I don't know what is more disturbing, that something from 50 years ago could still cause damage, or that we employ people who think it could.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Apparently the Coast Guard doesn't count as "our troops."

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's because thirteen days after they had been killed he had not said a word about it, not even on Twitter. He had blathered on about tons of other stuff, consequential and utterly inconsequential (fifteen or twenty NFL tweets for instance), until he was called out for it for a couple of days and he still hadn't said anything. His advisors were telling him that he just *had* to do something because it was really starting to look bad. The easy way out was to contact the next of kin and be presidential.

He blew that one all to hell too.

cranberry and HanSenSE like this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

LOL ... not for him!

cranberry and HC like this.
  9. doctorquant

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Can we just burn all the colleges down and start over?

Stoney, QYFW and doctorquant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.